Just two rounds remain in the 2023 Pro Motocross season before the first ever SuperMotocross Playoff event in Concord, NC.
The top 20 riders will be automatically seeded into the SMX World Championship Finals. Riders in positions 21-30 plus any Supercross Main Event winners or Pro Motocross moto winners will have the opportunity to race a Last Chance Qualifier for the final two gate positions at each race.
With that in mind, here is a list of five stories to watch in each class entering Saturday’s event at Budds Creek.
450 SMX Standings:
- Jett Lawrence sits just 1 point behind Cooper Webb for 4th in combined points
- 11 riders have clinched a spot in the playoffs, down to Fredrik Noren in 11th
- The top 19 in combined SMX are expected to have done enough. Josh Hill in 20th is projected to be bumped out by Jose Butron
- Phil Nicoletti’s poor results at Unadilla have likely hurt his chances of making the top 20. He would now need to average 5th place in order to make it
- Ty Masterpool moved up from 16th to 13th
250 SMX Standings:
- Eight riders have clinched a top 20 spot
- Ryder DeFrancesco and Jalek Swoll both moved up two spots to 13th and 14th respectively.
- Pierce Brown moved up from 21st to 16th
- Seth Hammaker is projected to break into the top 20. The rider currently sitting 20th is Dilan Schwartz, but he could move up too
- Daxton Bennick (34th), Preston Kilroy (38th), Stilez Robertson (41st) and Austin Forkner (45th) are all trying to make the top 30. Forkner needs to score top 10 moto finishes.