Just five races remain between now and the first ever SuperMotocross Playoff event in Concord, NC.
The Top 20 riders will be automatically seeded into the SMX World Championship Finals. Riders in positions 21-30 plus any Supercross Main Event winners or Pro Motocross moto winners will have the opportunity to race a Last Chance Qualifier for the final two gate positions at each race.
With that in mind, here is a list of all of the movers and shakers following last weekend’s event at Southwick:
450 SMX Standings – Key Changes
- Aaron Plessinger is now just 5 points back of Cooper Webb for 2nd in the combined standings. He is projected to finish 2nd in the overall combined points heading into the SMX Playoffs.
- Jett Lawrence moved up two spots to 7th and is projected to finish 3rd in the combined 450 points heading into the SMX Playoffs.
- Garrett Marchbanks moved up to 21st, right on the door of the Top 20
- Joe Butron moved up from 30th to 23rd, 36 points outside the Top 20
- Phil Nicoletti moved up two spots to 34th, 29 points outside the Top 30
250 SMX Standings – Key Changes
- RJ Hampshire moved up to 2nd ahead of Haiden Deegan. The two are separated by 5 points
- Caden Braswell (17th) and Ryder Difrancesco (19th) both broke into the Top 20
- Jalek Swoll moved up from 29th to 25th. He is just 10 points out of the Top 20
- Seth Hammaker jumped up 15 positions to 36th.
- The points margins around the sought-after 20th and 30th positions are very tight, with Nate Thrasher (20th) and Jace Owen (31st) being separated by just 39 points.