Just four races remain between now and the first ever SuperMotocross Playoff event in Concord, NC.
The Top 20 riders will be automatically seeded into the SMX World Championship Finals. Riders in positions 21-30 plus any Supercross Main Event winners or Pro Motocross moto winners will have the opportunity to race a Last Chance Qualifier for the final two gate positions at each race.
With that in mind, here is a list of five stories to watch in each class following last weekend’s event at Spring Creek:
450 SMX Standings – Key Changes:
- Aaron Plessinger and Adam Cianciarulo have mathematically clinched their ways into the Playoffs. Chase Sexton, Hunter Lawrence, Ken Roczen, Justin Barcia and Eli Tomac have received automatic bids via their race wins
- Ty Masterpool moved up from 20th to 16th
- Jett Lawrence moved up from 7th to 5th
- Colt Nichols dropped outside the Top 20, from 19th to 21st
- Jose Butron and Lorenzo Locurcio are projected to eventually displace Christian Craig and Josh Hill in the Top 20
250 SMX Standings – Key Changes:
- Nobody has mathematically clinched a spot in the Playoffs. Only the race winners (Hunter Lawrence, RJ Hampshire, Haiden Deegan, Levi Kitchen, Tom Vialle, Jo Shimoda, Justin Cooper, Jett Lawrence, Max Anstie, and Nate Thrasher) have received an automatic bid so far
- Jalek Swoll broke into the Top 20
- Justin Cooper moved up from 9th to 7th
- Dilan Schwartz moved up from 23rd to 21st and is just 1 point out of the Top 20
- Dilan Schwartz, Pierce Brown and Seth Hammaker are projected to eventually displace Jeremy Martin, Chris Blose and Mitchell Oldenburg